New Hope began as Open Eyes Mission, pioneered in 1997 by Rev. Glimar “Glem” Melo in Mindanao, Philippines. He left the United States and moved to Mindanao in January 1998. At first, he served as preacher in Operation Blessing medical missions. Then in 1999, he started reaching Muslims in the border of Bukidnon and Lanao del Sur.
Today, 14 years later, Open Eyes Mission has accomplished much by the grace of God:
- Served more than 1,000 children-at-high-risk and their families.
- Conducted seminars and classes in 11 cities/towns all over the Philippines.
- Provided relief, rehabilitation, counseling and Bible study ministries to more than 3,000 victims-survivors of killer typhoons: Washi in 2011, Bopha in 2012, and Haiyan in 2013.
- Trained more than 130 Filipino missionaries
- Facilitated the deployment of more than 30 of the trainees to China, Pakistan, and other restricted-access countries in Asia.
Please help us serve more and more of the poorest of poor children and families in the Philippines, the Middle East, and Asia.